Thanksgiving approaches. My favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong, I have an affinity for Christmas too, but my birthday lands right around Thanksgiving, lending it that extra something special. This year, the families are gathering at our place for Thanksgiving. My world is a big helping of excitement, a dash of stress, and a dollop of melancholy. We lost my Grandpa earlier this year and we're heading into the holidays, never an easy thing. Every year for the last few years, Grandpa would come in and make fun of my turkey. He was an Army cook and his idea of cooking a turkey was all salt, pepper, onion, and throw it in the oven until the meat pulled away from the breastbone. Dry turkey. I brine and use a meat thermometer for a perfectly moist and done turkey, so Grandpa would give me a hard time. As much as I despised that, I'll be missing it this year, that's for sure.
On the bright side, a chunk of Christy's family will also be coming, so we'll have a wonderful and warm family gathering of food, football, and love.
Haven't written on my book in a couple days, but the wheels are turning. I've been outlining the sequence of events that are all colliding my head that lead into the finale. A few paths colliding. Funny thing about writing stream-of-consciousness style: when you get near the end, logistics start playing in heavily. Maybe that's just me. I also think I'll be changing the name of one of the main characters. It happens.
What I'm listening to: Watch Over You by Alter Bridge
What I'm reading: Seeker by Jack McDevitt and WWW: Wake by Robert J. Sawyer
What I'm playing: Forza Horizon
No comments:
Post a Comment