Thursday, November 15, 2012

Downtown Lees Summit

No writing done yesterday. Sad, I know.

Yesterday evening, Christy and I made a sojourn to downtown Lees Summit, Missouri. Why? A wedding venue. We went to visit the historic Stanley. Truly, though, we mostly looked over floorplans, pictures, and sketches. Given how many people we'll be inviting, their existing space is too small. They're currently constructing a larger space that will accommodate us (and other people, it's not just for us). Before we arrived, I didn't have the most positive vibe, but we liked it more than we thought we would. So The Stanley is definitely a contender. Add it to the list with The Bingham-Waggoner Estate.

This weekend we'll be hitting up some spots in downtown KCMO, oh yeah.

Incidentally, we arrived at The Stanley twenty minutes early and discovered a coffee and ice cream shop called Poppy's right across the street. I had the Kitchen Sink ice cream and Christy had the Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. We both had coffee. Ice cream and coffee, two of our favorite things. Poppy's does both right. Made for a wonderful little evening.

I'm still playing through Forza Horizon. It's okay. Like a seven out of ten. I have the feeling I'll like Need for Speed: Most Wanted more when I get around to it.

What I'm listening to: Goodnight, Fair Lady by Coheed and Cambria
What I'm reading: Seeker by Jack McDevitt and WWW: Wake by Robert J. Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment